iv3d-users

Text archives Help

[IV3D-USERS] Fixing MPR rendering (Re: Implementing a Reader Parallel to UVF)

  • From: Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com>
  • To: iv3d-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [IV3D-USERS] Fixing MPR rendering (Re: Implementing a Reader Parallel to UVF)
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 12:08:47 +0200

Tom,

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 11:38 AM, tom fogal <tfogal@sci.utah.edu> wrote:
[...]
> It starts in GLRenderer.cpp around line 1093. You can see there that
> we do a search for the first LOD that has only a single brick.
>
> In reality, we *should* do something more akin to what goes on at line
> 1199: plan a new frame, setting the brick list to everything that makes
> sense (the important part of PlanHQMIPFrame is the 'build sub frame
> brick list'). Then loop through each elem of m_vCurrentBrickList and
> render it.

Let see if I understand what should be done here. I need to entirely
copy/paste:

vector<Brick> AbstrRenderer::BuildSubFrameBrickList(bool
bUseResidencyAsDistanceCriterion)

into a function called BuildSubFrameBrickListForMPR

Then inside this new function change the line

if(RegionNeedsBrick(**reg, brick->first, brick->second, b.bIsEmpty)) {

with

if(RegionNeedsBrickForMPR(**reg, brick->first, brick->second,
b.bIsEmpty)) {

And finally provide an implementation for RegionNeedsBrickForMPR
(check if brick region is entirely in Region positive|negative
half-space).

What's not very clear is if I should do that in a single pass. In
other word do I populate the m_vCurrentBrickList with any bricks that
will be required for Axial AND Coronal AND Sagittal view in a single
pass ? Should I do that in 3 different pass ?

Thanks again for comments,