iv3d-users

Text archives Help

Re: [IV3D-USERS] CT angiography volume rendering

  • From: "tom (mobile)" < >
  • To: IVALA - Taimur Alavi - Director < >
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [IV3D-USERS] CT angiography volume rendering
  • Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 14:46:30 -0400

Hi T,

Ahh, I did indeed misunderstand you.

While we've certainly viewed angio data in ImageVis, I don't think I have any
angio-specific advice.

If you can (i.e. you're on nvidia hardware), I recommend switching on
'advanced' mode in the settings and using the grid leaper or at least the ray
caster, and then cranking up the sampling rate (slider in 'rendering
options'). You might even try upsampling your dataset 2x per dimension by
simply duplicating values. All of these should help you in picking up
extremely small or thin structures, which (IMGO) is usually the main problem
in angio data.

That said, if your data are "good"---they have low noise or you account for
the noise before importing into IV3D---then your best bet is going to be the
2D transfer function editor.

HTH,

-tom

On April 5, 2015 4:16:41 AM EDT, IVALA - Taimur Alavi - Director
< >