Manta Interactive Ray Tracer Development Mailing List

Text archives Help

[Manta] Re: Measuring packet tracing

  • From: Abe Stephens < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [Manta] Re: Measuring packet tracing
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:23:49 -0600

You might have found this already, but there is a time view mode in the viewer:

t                   time profile display
Control-t           time profile scale increase
Control-T           time profile scale decrease

If the normalized time measurement for the fragment is greater than one, the color saturates to the largest color map entry. By changing the scaling factor you can get an idea of how the cost varies across the image (you might add a printf to output the new scale when you change it). This isn't exactly what you asked for, but it might be a reasonable starting point. Also, depending on build configuration in cmake there might be more than one ray packet per fragment.

For very high resolution timing certain platforms support some intel timing extensions. See: Core/Thread/Timer_altix.cc this or something similar might be available on other platforms, I've never checked.  Also I'm not sure if the timers in Core/Util match the timers in Core/Thread/Timer*.

Abe