Manta Interactive Ray Tracer Development Mailing List

Text archives Help

[Manta] Re: Re: Re: Where does one find ... FindManta.cmake?

  • From: James Bigler < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [Manta] Re: Re: Re: Where does one find ... FindManta.cmake?
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 16:13:57 -0700

2) Has/does anyone use Manta on windows? We are pursuing changes to
allow that, but if y'all have it working somehow we don't want to
duplicate effort.

We did have a working windows port, though I believe we had to disable all the Xwindow stuff.  My memory is a bit fuzzy on this issue.

We did have to use the Intel ICC compiler, because VS support for SSE didn't work.  That might have changed for VS10.

Most of the machinery to get Manta to compile on windows should be in the tree, because we didn't have a branch of Manta.  We used the svn trunk of Manta, so all of our changes to make it work should be in there.

Given that, I doubt anyone has attempted to compile it on windows since we all left.  There may be a little bit rot in there.

James