Manta Interactive Ray Tracer Development Mailing List

Text archives Help

[Manta] Re: Support for photon mapping

  • From: James Bigler < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [Manta] Re: Support for photon mapping
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 10:03:09 -0600

I'm not sure how to get Manta to switch between different Cameras, but you might be able to implement the photon pass as a camera and material set, build your photon map, and then use another camera and material set for the gather pass.

As an alternative to Manta, NVIDIA's OptiX ( http://developer.nvidia.com/object/optix-home.html ) has a progressive photon mapping sample:
(windows one click samples: http://developer.nvidia.com/object/optix-examples.html).  OptiX requires a CUDA capable device, but it should work on Windows/Linux/Mac.  The SDK has precompiled binaries for each platform.

James