Manta Interactive Ray Tracer Development Mailing List

Text archives Help

[Manta] Re: Re: Re: Support for photon mapping

  • From: James Bigler < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [Manta] Re: Re: Re: Support for photon mapping
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 16:03:34 -0600

Carson, how did you do the precomputation step in manta?

Daniel, if you want a simple kd-tree build for photons, there's one you can poach from the progressivePhotonMapper sample in OptiX.  It's a CPU based kd-tree build, so it should be fairly straightforward to adapt to your needs.

In the past, I've also used the code found in Wann Jensen's photon mapping book to do the photon kd-tree and lookup.

James