Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] Inputing HDF data

  • From: Paulo Tribolet Abreu <paulotex@ist.utl.pt>
  • To: Allen Sanderson <allen@sci.utah.edu>
  • Cc: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] Inputing HDF data
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 08:44:04 +0100

Em 17 jul 2004, às 21:47, Allen Sanderson escreveu:

Hello Paulo,

Hi Allen, thanks a lot for your answer.

There is no need to write a module for this as SCIRun supports HDF5.

This is great news.

You will need to build SCIRun with the DataIO and TEEM packages. Within the DataIO Package is an HDF5 Reader Module. Once the data has been read you will want to convert it to SCIRun field using the NrrdToField Module in the TEEM Package.

We have just done some major updating of these packages. As such you will want to download the latest version 1.22.0 to get the full functionality and the supporting documentation.

Also if you have already installed HDF5 make sure you have compiled it to be thread safe. For more on this see the installation notes on HDF5. (They were just updated so hopefully they have made it to the web site).

Thanks, I will do that. However, we also have lots of result that are written in HDF4 format. How should I work with these? I've been reading the chapter 7 of the user guide, about importing and exporting. Is this the correct place to look for this info?

Instead of creating a SCIRun module, I was thinking of creating a command line tool that would convert the HDF4 files into some format that SCIRun can digest. Can you help on that?

Thanks,

Paulo

If you have more specific questions please send me email.

Cheers,

Allen