[SCIRUN-USERS] SCIRun/BioPSE Version 1.24.2 (Stable Release) Now Available!

  • From: McKay Davis <mdavis@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] SCIRun/BioPSE Version 1.24.2 (Stable Release) Now Available!
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:43:30 -0600

Dear SCIRun-Users,

We have just completed a new release of SCIRun/BioPSE version 1.24.2!

With this release, we are pleased to announce SCIRun compiles and runs on GCC 4.0 and Mac OSX 10.4 (Tiger). Thanks to feedback from the community, this release has many new features, bug fixes, and offers better BioImage stability. Also, the pre-built binary distributions of SCIRun now include the latest Insight Segmentation and Registration Toolkit (http://www.itk.org) release version 2.2.0.

For detailed information about what's new in this release, please see our Release Highlights page:

   http://software.sci.utah.edu/scirun_1_24_2_notes.html

As always, our software is available from the SCI Institute's Software download page:

   http://software.sci.utah.edu/archive_entry.html

For this release we have made source code available, RPMs for Linux (Mandrake 9.x and RedHat 9.x), and binary distributions for Mac OSX 10.3 and 10.4. For information on installing SCIRun, please see the platform-specific Installation Guides at the top left of this page:

   http://software.sci.utah.edu/doc/

Unfortunately, this release is still experiencing troubles with volume rendering on ATI graphics cards on some machines running Linux. To help us track this bug, we ask that if you have an ATI card on your Linux machine, that you please run the src/nets/volume-capability-test.net and report the results to us. Any information about SCIRun/BioPSE volume rendering on this setup will help us greatly.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me email. You can also email scirun-users@sci.utah.edu with general SCIRun questions or scirun-develop@sci.utah.edu with any specific problems you encounter.

We hope you enjoy SCIRun/BioPSE 1.24.2!

Sincerely,
McKay Davis

NCRR/SCIRun Developer