[SCIRUN-USERS] FieldReader issues on Mac Intel

  • From: Ashu Chaturvedi <ashu@case.edu>
  • To: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] FieldReader issues on Mac Intel
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 13:20:49 -0400

Hello,

I recently installed SCIRun on my new MacBook Pro using the latest svn build.  It turns out that this version (v1.25.3) no longer uses *.net networks, rather saves new networks as *.srn.  Although it can open older *.net networks, what are the main differences between the two extensions?

Also, when opening simple surfaces that we've created in previous versions as fields (using FieldReader), I get the following error in ShowField (when I try to display the surfaces):

ERROR: Module crashed with the following exception:
  An AssertionFailed exception was thrown from file:
  ../src/Core/Geometry/BBox.cc:172
  is_valid
ERROR: Thread Stacktrace:
ERROR:

Any ideas how to fix this?  Or at least be able to convert our older fields into a format that the newest build of SCIRun can use?  Thanks in advance for your help!

--Ashu Chaturvedi

  • [SCIRUN-USERS] FieldReader issues on Mac Intel, Ashu Chaturvedi, 08/01/2006