[SCIRUN-USERS] libxml2.dll

  • From: "Farid Harhad" <fharhad@cct.lsu.edu>
  • To: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] libxml2.dll
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 20:17:22 -0600

Dear Colleagues,

My first attempt to install SCIRun on a windows machine was successful.  I followed exactly the windows installation directions mentioned in the wiki.  It worked perfectly.  The machine I used is a dual core Dell with 2GB of ram (32bit) we recently purchased for our lab.  When I tried doing the samething on my laptop, it didn't work.  The source code complied without any errors, then I setup the environment variables, and finally I rebooted.  After rebooting, I launch the executable and it gave me the following error message in a pop up window with only an OK button:

"The procedure entry point xmlReadFile could not be located in the dynamic link libxml2.dll"

I pressed OK, then nothing happened.  My laptop has a single CPU (Pentium 4) with 512MB of ram.  I followed the same steps as before and it didn't work!

Could you please tell me what I need to do.  Am I missing something?  I even tried copying the libxml2.dll file to my laptop, but that didn't work...

Thank you very much.  Happy new year.

Farid Harhad

Graduate Assistant
Louisiana State University
Center for Computation and Technology

  • [SCIRUN-USERS] libxml2.dll, Farid Harhad, 12/28/2006