Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] scirun apps in stereo?

  • From: Ian Miller <ian_o_miller@yahoo.com>
  • To: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] scirun apps in stereo?
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 18:48:35 -0700 (PDT)

Martin,

I'm also interested in setting up stereo for a medical application. I am currently trying to get funding for a polarized projector setup along the lines of the geowall project (http://geowall.geo.lsa.umich.edu/intro.html).

Since you mentioned that "our stereo is set up for shutter glasses", I just wanted to make sure that SCIRun would be able to be set up for the polarized application.

Thanks in advance.

ian

Martin Cole <mjc@sci.utah.edu> wrote:
Ok so this really requires more information. Our stereo is set up for
shutter glasses. This means you need to have a display device that can
refresh quickly enough. (~120Hz) It sounds like you have this... This
gives us left and right eye at 60Hz each... I know we have made this
work at a lower refresh rate for a larger display. If I remember
correctly Option "Stereo" "3" is correct for shutter glasses.

When I first got this working on linux, I had to have a Quadro card to
get stereo enabled in the driver, I'm not sure if this is still true.

We attempt to get a context that supports stereo when you start up, if
you can get such a context the stereo button will not be greyed out.

I haven't done this myself for a number of years, but if you need
additional help I am happy to do so.

--mc