[SCIRUN-USERS] Building 64-bit SCIRun for 64-bit Windows XP/Vista

  • From: "Wang, Kevin" <wangk3@ccf.org>
  • To: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Building 64-bit SCIRun for 64-bit Windows XP/Vista
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 11:55:45 -0400

Hi, all.

I have been trying to build an x64 version of SCIRun for the Windows platform, but I have been running into a considerable amount of trouble getting the build to work. I am wondering if anyone has tried this as well and have any tips and pointers for getting this build to work.

Specifically, I am currently using Visual C++ 2005 Pro, and am compiling ITK and SCIRun on a quad core machine running Windows XP 64. I have been successful in getting ITK x64 to compile, but SCIRun has been another issue, with a considerable number of LNK2019 errors (error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol). I am wondering if there is something I am doing wrong here or if this is the limitation of the Windows support for SCIRun, since I have been able to successfully compile SCIRun x86 with ITK.

Thanks,

Kevin

Cleveland Clinic is ranked one of the top hospitals in America by U.S. News & World Report (2007). Visit us online at http://www.clevelandclinic.org for a complete listing of our services, staff and locations. Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Thank you.