[SCIRUN-USERS] Re: Show fewer items in ShowFieldGlyphs module

  • From: Jeroen Stinstra <jeroen@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: Thomas Jochmann <thomas@jochmann.info>
  • Cc: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Re: Show fewer items in ShowFieldGlyphs module
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 14:52:48 -0600

Hi Thomas,

There are various ways:

1 You could resample the data on a regular grid and visualize the tensors at those nodes. You can you the CreateLatVol Module to generate a regular sampled mesh with the same bounding box as your data and then you can use either MapFieldDataOntoNodes or MapFieldDataOnElems to map data from one mesh to anothor.

2 You could use clipping to clip a shell or a segment of the data and only visualize those. The ClipFieldByFunction or ClipFieldByMesh modules can help with that.

3 You can as well generate randomly chosen points inside the volume of the TetrahedralMesh and you can use GeneratePointSampllesFromFieldOrWidget and then map the tensors/ vectors onto those nodes with either MapFieldDataOntoNodes or MapFieldDataOnElems.

cheers,

Jeroen