[SCIRUN-USERS] Re: Re: Clip Field by Surface.

  • From: David Weinstein <dmw@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: Sanket Jain <jainsanket1@gmail.com>
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Re: Re: Clip Field by Surface.
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 16:58:59 -0700

Hi Sanket,

As Darrell suggested, this is possible -- but it's also somewhat computationally challenging.  In fact, I've run into the same exact problems as you have when I recently tried this.  Any chance that the brain trisurf was generated by extracting the boundary of a label map (e.g. something from Seg3D or Slicer)?  If so, it's *much* easier to clip the fibers to the label map volume -- if that's the case, I'd be happy to walk you through how to do it.

Cheers,
Dave