[SCIRUN-USERS] Re: running ITK filters from Matlab: new architecture

  • From: Ramón Casero Cañas <ramon.casero@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
  • To: Ghassan Hamarneh <hamarneh@sfu.ca>
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Re: running ITK filters from Matlab: new architecture
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 01:13:25 +0100

On 22/05/11 23:11, Ghassan Hamarneh wrote:

Hello Ramón et al.

The source code for MATITK is available. We have made the code available as
part of our Insight Journal publication:
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/66

Please let me (and/or Vincent, cc-ed) know if you have any questions.

Brilliant, thanks for the link, Ghassan.

I didn't see the source code from the download page of the MATITK website, hence my confusion (it's in publications). :)

After a very quick look (I'll look at it more in detail tomorrow), I'd say some differences between the two projects are that you use mex to build, whereas we use CMake, we haven't implemented passing of parameters yet, we can deal with boolean entries, we have the code in a public subversion repository, we haven't written the user/developer documentation yet...

Also, we allow multiple outputs from the filters, I'm not too sure whether this functionality is in MATITK.

It'd be awesome is we could get somebody to try to compile our code in Windows and or Mac and give us feedback.

Best regards,

Ramon.

--
Dr. Ramón Casero Cañas

Computational Biology, Computing Laboratory
University of Oxford
Wolfson Building, Parks Rd
Oxford OX1 3QD

tlf     +44 (0) 1865 610737