[SCIRUN-USERS] Re: Intersecting Fields

  • From: Layla Houshmand <layla.houshmand@gmail.com>
  • To: Darrell Swenson <darrell.swenson@gmail.com>
  • Cc: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Re: Intersecting Fields
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 15:18:58 -0400

Thanks for that suggestion Darrell.  I built a network to do what you suggested, and I am not getting the output I expected.  Here are some more details:

Field X Type: GenericField<TriSurfMesh<TriLinearLgn<Point> >, TriLinearLgn<double> , vector<double> >  Note: this was an extracted Isosurface
Fields A and B Type: GenericField<QuadSurfMesh<QuadBilinearLgn<Point> >, NoDataBasis<double> , vector<double> >

In the ClipFieldToFieldOrWidget UI:
Location To Test: All Nodes (I tried Element Center as well)
Execute Action: Intersect
I tried this with and without "Execute automatically" selected.

By visualizing the fields, I know that there is intersection between Field X and Field A.  But the resulting ReportFieldInfo yields nothing other than:
Type: GenericField<QuadSurfMesh<QuadBilinearLgn<Point> >, NoDataBasis<double> , vector<double> >

Is this an issue of incompatible field types?

Thanks!
Layla