[SCIRUN-USERS] Tensor Coloring

  • From: Sanket Jain <jainsanket1@gmail.com>
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Tensor Coloring
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 12:25:45 -0500

Hello,

I am using ShowFieldGlyphs to visualize tensor data. Colormap Lookup and Conversion to RGB are two Tensor coloring options. With scalar data, it intuitive to understand the colormap. However, with tensors I am unable to understand how the colormap is generated (For both Colormap Lookup and Conversion to RGB options). Does anyone know of any mathematical operation that is performed to convert tensor to scalar? This is a guess, it could be something else as well. Any inputs in this topic would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sanket