[SCIRUN-USERS] Re: Help with Meshing using Biomesh3D

  • From: Jess Tate <jess@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: Adrienne Madison <amadisonuga@gmail.com>
  • Cc: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Re: Help with Meshing using Biomesh3D
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 11:53:23 -0600

Hi Adrienne,

Depending on the segmentation resolution, number of materials, and the nature of the geometry,  BioMesh can take quite a while to run stage 7 (very large complicated meshes can take months).  We realize that this is a short coming in the software, but the upside is that it is likely still working.  It might be worth while to use a coarser version of your segmentation to allow you to tune some parameters a bit.  You can runs a down sampled version (you can do this in Seg3D) that could run overnight to make sure that everything is OK, then use the same parameters for the larger mesh.  You can use the same trick on the individual tissues also, as they complete much faster than multi material segmentations.

As for your second mesh, it is a bit tricky to figure out what is going on here without more information.  It is likely that there is a failure in a previous stage that isn't completely crashing but giving garbage.  Make sure that you are using separate output directories in the model_config file.  It could also help to run the interactive mode to check the output of each of the stages (use the flag -id just display the outputs without running the calculation).

cheers,
Jess