[SCIRUN-USERS] matrix mapping SCIRun

  • From: mavinmartin@gmail.com
  • To: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] matrix mapping SCIRun
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 20:16:39 -0600

Hi,

I'm trying to make my SCI Run visualize data that is n by n by n.  I have sort of figured it out for an n by n matrix imported from matlab; for example, I have a matrix a = [ 1 2; 1 1 ] that is in the format in matlab and I can display it using the following modules as seen below.

I use the domainBoundary to split the boundaries of the 1's and 2's.

As I try to visualize it, it only shows the edges.  I try to check the box under ShowField to include faces but it won't check.  Instead it would only show edges for the matrix [1 2; 1 1].

Is there a way to turn these into face meshes where each region would be a different color if I have different mappings of 1's, 2's, 3's, etc?  Also, is there a way I can import n by n by n 3d matrices from matlab or from a file into SCIRun?  Also, if you have any tutorials that may be applicable to this please direct me there also.

Thanks again,
Mavin