[SCIRUN-USERS] Re: Announcing SCIRun 4.7 with BioMesh3D

  • From: Ayla Khan <ayla@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: Petar Petrov <pip010@gmail.com>
  • Cc: "scirun-users@sci.utah.edu List" <scirun-users@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Re: Announcing SCIRun 4.7 with BioMesh3D
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 17:23:09 -0700

Hi Peter,

Rendering over a forwarded X11 connection is tricky at the best of times - this link has a good overview of the problem.  Basically, some of our OpenGL rendering code depends on OpenGL code that won't necessarily work with indirect rendering. Sometimes, the client machine will support it, but there are no guarantees.

Ayla