[SCIRUN-USERS] Fwd: [SCI] LOCAL Participants: Image Based Biomedical Modeling Course, Park City, July 2014

  • From: Elizabeth Jurrus <liz@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: seg3d@sci.utah.edu, scirun-users@sci.utah.edu, "cleaver@sci.utah.edu" <cleaver@sci.utah.edu>, iv3d-users@sci.utah.edu, cibc-workshops@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Fwd: [SCI] LOCAL Participants: Image Based Biomedical Modeling Course, Park City, July 2014
  • Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 15:44:38 -0600

Summer Course on Image-based Biomedical Modeling
July 14-24, 2014
Newpark Resort and Hotel, Park City, Utah (Kimball Junction)

Dear Salt Lake City and Park City Locals,

We have arranged for a "locals" registration rate for the Summer Course in Image-Based Biomedical Computing (IBBM) that does not include the cost of lodging.  If you would like to participate in the course as a commuter, please email us to receive the link for locals registration at cgarcia@sci.utah.edu.

We now have 30 registrants and our hotel block is full, but we can accommodate another 10 students in the classrooms, laboratories and social functions.  Registration for these commuter spots is on a first-come, first-served basis.

Course Summary:  This course offers field-specific expertise and hands-on experience solving bioelectric or biomechanical problems that arise in current biomedical research and clinical practice.  Participants will receive training in numerical methods, image analysis, and computational tools necessary to carry out end-to-end, image based, subject specific simulations in bioelectricity or biomechanics, using freely available software.

Detailed program information is available here.

Best regards,
Rob Macleod, Jeff Weiss, and Ross Whitaker
Co-organizers, IBBM Summer Course

--
Jeffrey A. Weiss
Professor, Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah

  • [SCIRUN-USERS] Fwd: [SCI] LOCAL Participants: Image Based Biomedical Modeling Course, Park City, July 2014, Elizabeth Jurrus, 05/05/2014