Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] scirun 5 question

  • From: Dan White <dwhite@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] scirun 5 question
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 10:55:52 -0600

This same issue actually came up in a recent testing lunch, and we'll improve this usability problem soon. There's a new ViewScene control scheme, in addition to the "legacy" control scheme, that's probably easier to use on a trackpad, but it's not documented yet and hard to find. If you click the Configure button at the top of the ViewScene window, a dialog comes up. In the Controls tab, there is a combo box for choosing your control scheme.

"Legacy" should match up with SCIRun 4:
- Left-click drag / one-finger trackpad click & drag = Pan
- Right-click drag / two-finger trackpad click & drag = Zoom
- Option key + left-click / one-finger click & drag = Rotate
The last one, Rotate, appears to be broken now. It might work if you connect a mouse and use the "middle mouse button," but Macs don't usually support those anyway.

"New" mouse control matches ImageVis3D, and we encourage everyone to use this option:
- Left-click drag / one-finger trackpad click & drag = Rotate
- Right-click drag / two-finger drag = Pan
- Scroll-wheel / two-finger vertical swipe on a Mac trackpad = Zoom

We'll clean up these issues in an upcoming release.
Thanks,
Dan