[SCIRUN-USERS] Inconsistency in the volume mesh

  • From: Purbasha Garai <pg0222@gmail.com>
  • To: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu, seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Inconsistency in the volume mesh
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 12:46:04 -0400

Hello,

I am using Biomesh 3D to build a model of nerve. It consists of a thin tissue layer (perineurium; around 0.06mm) around fascicle. Although, I am able to generate the tetrahedral mesh of the whole model, but there is inconsistency in the tissue layer (needs to be circular). Can you please suggest me how I can fix it?

Inline images 1

I have 5 components in my nerve model
( fig below: from inside to outside: fascicles, perineurium, epineurium, electrode ring, saline

Inline images 2
I can see there is some roughness in all the layers of my model. Is there a way to smoothen out the data?
Inline images 3

Fig: As you can see there are rough edges on the outside on the electrode component.

Is there any way to add surface mesh into the Biomesh 3D. I am using gmsh to generate the mesh, but I couldnt get the results even after running for a week.

Thank you so much

Regards
Purbasha

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image

  • [SCIRUN-USERS] Inconsistency in the volume mesh, Purbasha Garai, 06/18/2015