Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] seg3d segmentation export to SCIRun question

  • From: Jess Tate <jess@sci.utah.edu>
  • Cc: mpennock@hmc.psu.edu, scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] seg3d segmentation export to SCIRun question
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 19:40:59 -0600

Hi Mike,

To Export a Segmentation to SCIRun,  you will need to save the segmentation to disk, then use SCIRun to open and then do whatever it is you wanted.

When you are ready to export your segmentation, You can use the Export Segmentation tool (in the file menu) to save out the segmentation.  You will be ask to save it as multiple files or a single file.  As a single file, you cannot have overlapping regions, and seg3d will overwrite with the last layer.   You can choose the label value for each region too.  whether it is a single file or multiple, you should save it in the nrrd format

Once you have saved out your segmentation,  you can open it is SCIRun with the ReadField Module (choose one of the nrrd options).   After that you can manipulate/visualize it however you want.  If you are new to SCIRun, I would suggest checking out the Tutorials on the SCIRun website to help you get started.  You can email this scirun-users mailing list with questions.

cheers,
Jess