Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] heart simulations and datasets for SCIRun

  • From: Jess Tate <jess@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: "scirun-users@sci.utah.edu List" <scirun-users@sci.utah.edu>
  • Cc: habboush@med-psych.uni-kiel.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] heart simulations and datasets for SCIRun
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 12:54:35 -0700

Hi Nawar,

There isn't really a standard geometry for the heart or torso, though there are some geometries that are commonly used.  You can checkout what we have in the SCIRunData directory (on the scirun 4 download page www.scirun.org).  You can also checkout the edgar database, which has a few data sets for general use (http://www.ecg-imaging.org/data-archive).  Most of these examples already have segmentations or meshes generated from medical imaging.

Segmenting a geometry from a medical image scan can be done in many different ways.  We have a tool, Seg3D, which is built for doing segmentations such as these.  There are some tutorials (look in user documentation) and data examples which can be found at www.seg3d.org.

It sounds like you are working on doing a fwd/Inv problem.  We have  a toolkit that will provide several examples of such in our forward inverse toolkit in SCIRun.  It comes downloaded in SCIRun 4.  You can load example networks in the toolkit menu on the main SCIRun window.  You can download the SCIRun 5 version from the www.scirun.org.  There is a tutorial describing this toolkit in the user documentation tab on that page.

cheers,
Jess