Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] biomesh 3d format

  • From: Tomasz Moszkowski <tmoszkowski@gmail.com>
  • To: Jess Tate <jess@sci.utah.edu>, Elizabeth Jurrus <liz@sci.utah.edu>
  • Cc: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu, kostadus@yahoo.com
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] biomesh 3d format
  • Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2016 11:05:07 +0000

Hi Konstantinos,

Another really good option is to export the field containing the biomesh3d to MATLAB using the exportfieldtomatlab function. It returns an intuitive-to-use structure containing all the mesh info. The data is pretty self-explanatory. To read the structure you can alternatively use scilab or octave if you don't have MATLAB. From there you can write a script to convert the data to your format of choice.

Hope this info helps. If you have any questions, just shoot.

All the best,
Tomek