Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] [Seg3D] Trouble with BioMesh3d

  • From: Brett Burton <bburton@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: Bradley Due <due4605@email.tamu.edu>
  • Cc: Brett Burton <bburton@sci.utah.edu>, Jess Tate <jess@sci.utah.edu>, scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] [Seg3D] Trouble with BioMesh3d
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 10:06:32 -0700

Brad,

The error you are seeing when running BuildMesh is not likely related to where you have placed the model_config file (on your desktop).  That being said, I would recommend a different location for it, even if it is in a separate folder on your desktop (maybe something like ~/Desktop/Biomesh/). I would also put a separate folder in the Biomesh folder that is just for your output (~/Desktop/Biomesh/output/ or something like that).  The reason is that the output that Biomesh generates can include 90 or more files and folders…you probably don’t want that cluttering your desktop with all that.  I would also not put it in FEMesher, personally.  Put it somewhere that you can find it easily, but where it won't clutter up the folder you are calling your code from.

Moving your input and output locations will require you to edit the input and output calls in your model_config file.  This may be where your error is coming from in the first place. Your "model_input_file=“ needs to point to your segmentation (nrrd file).  Your “model_output_path=“ should point to your output folder.  Here’s an example:

model_input_file="/Users/MrIncredible/Research/Experiments/2013/Segmentations/Originals/13-10-24_final_BMB.nrrd”
model_output_path="/Users/MrIncredible/Research/Experiments/2013/10-24/BioMesh/output”

If you are already doing that, then I suspect your error arises because you are not pointing BuildMesh.py at your model config file, or you have a typo somewhere.

./BuildMesh.py /Users/MrIncredible/Research/Experiments/2013/10-24/BioMesh/model_config.py

But then again, maybe I misread what your error actually was. Double check to make sure BuildMesh is pointing to the model_config file and that your inputs and outputs are pointing to the correct files.  If the error persists, send us the error message and the model_config file.

Brett