Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] Issue in SCIrun

  • From: Jess <jess@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: "Boyett, Benjamin Travis" <boyettben@email.tamu.edu>
  • Cc: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] Issue in SCIrun
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 11:15:10 -0700

Hi Ben,

I’ve had a look at your segmentation. It looks like you do not have a
background torso tissue layer, but that that tissue is set to the same as the
air (outside the torso). There needs to be a layer that incorporates all the
rest of the tissue in the torso that you do not specifically segment out. We
usually set this layer to a conductivity of ~0.2 S/m. If you do not have
this layer, you will encounter problems because the air will be set to 0 S/m,
which will then insulate the heart and not allow any of the generated field
to reach the heart.

I’m not sure what problems you are experiencing with your pad placement, but
one of the problems you may be having is that you moved the Segmentation
space in the placement network, but I don’t see that same transformation in
the FEM network. There are two solutions to this. The simplest is to save
transformed segmentation a load that geometry into the FEM network. The
other option is to save the transform only, which is the blue output port on
the EditMeshBoundingBox, then load that transform into the FEM network and
use TransformMeshWithTransform to apply it to the segmentation. The second
option is useful if you want to keep the nrrd file as is, or if you want to
keep the nrrd format and you apply a rotation. SCIRun should handle nrrd
files that are not oriented on the x,y,z, axes, but other software may not.

I hope that helps.

cheers,
Jess