[SCIRUN-USERS] Numeric magnetic field

  • From: Vikas R bhat <vikasraghubhat@gmail.com>
  • To: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Numeric magnetic field
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 21:39:30 +0530

Respected,

I have tried to analyse the code of Simulateforwardmagneticfield algorithm.cc found in \scirun4 \src\Packages\BioPSE\Dataflow\Modules\Forward .

https://github.com/SCIInstitute/SCIRun/blob/master/src/Core/Algorithms/BrainStimulator/SimulateForwardMagneticFieldAlgorithm.cc

I have some simple doubts in this code. After simulating the magnetic field on detectors (flat LatVol) for dipole inside a mesh, I considered random node indices from the show field (show text, show data values). And then tried to solve numerically based on code.The data impressed on the node is not matching with the solved one. Can somebody please help and correct me out with the mistake I am doing. I am sorry for posting this question again. I tried solving it for many times. I used value one in readmatrix (as conductivity table) for constructing FEM matrix. I am getting stuck in solving the potentials (E=-del V, V=d/dx,y,z (E)) which is used for calculating mag_field (first input port).(Assumed unit for lengths were in millimeters). How do I solve further which adds up to mag_field due to the contribution of first input V (gradient of V)

Inline image 1

================================================================================================================================

code of the simulateforwardmagfieldalgorithm which I try to analyse,

================================================================================================================================

{

dipmsh_->get_center(pt2, dip_idx);

dipfld_->value(P,dip_idx);

Vector radius = pt - pt2; // detector - source

Vector valuePXR = Cross(P, radius);

double length = radius.length();

mag_field += valuePXR / (length * length * length);

}

mag_field *= one_over_4_pi;

magmagfld_->set_value(Dot(mag_field, normal),idx);

magfld_->set_value(mag_field,idx);

Pls find the attached png and pdf files.

--
Thanks,

Vikas.R.Bhat
Contact: +91 9481263176

PNG image

  • [SCIRUN-USERS] Numeric magnetic field, Vikas R bhat, 12/07/2017