Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] SCIRun visualization

  • From: Jess <jess@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: Dana Brooks <brooks@ece.neu.edu>
  • Cc: Petar Petrov <pip010@gmail.com>, Shu Meng <smen974@aucklanduni.ac.nz>, scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] SCIRun visualization
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 13:08:27 -0600

Hi Shu,

map3d is a good option for the functionality you described, if you have surface data.  You can save out the mesh and the data seperately from scriun in the matlab format and it will load into map3d.

There is a new plotting module in SCIRun, that is currently not in the release (you would have to build from source), but will be soon  I could send a preliminary build that includes it if needed.  This module would allow line plotting a matrix. You could use this with a GenerateSinglePointProbe to move around a point and map the node index nearest to it. Then use GetMatrixSlce to select the appropriate row of your data matrix.  You wouldn’t be able to select points, but you could move the widget around to get signals from various areas.  I can provide more details if needed.

cheers,
Jess