Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] TriSurfField

  • From: Jess <jess@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: "Branham, Barry" <bhb@wustl.edu>
  • Cc: "scirun-users@sci.utah.edu" <scirun-users@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] TriSurfField
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 12:11:37 -0600

Hi Barry,

I think I understand what you are trying to do.  The .fld files are scirun’s native format, and unfortunately no other software supports it.  The only practical way to make a .fld file is to save it from SCIRun, as ‘25feb97_sock_closed.fld’ was.  However, there are other file formats that will work for your applications.  For instance, the matlab format for a trisurf mesh is fairly simple and only requires a matlab structure with the fields node and face.  I am attaching a your surface file converted to matlab format as an example.  I will also attach some ascii files in a format that SCIRun can read.

cheers,
Jess