Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] about SCIRun data

  • From: Rob MacLeod <macleod@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: Nicolás Gutiérrez Pereira <nicolas.gutierrez.p@usach.cl>
  • Cc: Rob MacLeod <macleod@sci.utah.edu>, scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] about SCIRun data
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2019 21:46:40 -0600

Hi Nicolas,

The Utah torso model goes back to the early 1990’s when Chris Johnson and I published papers about it. It was created from an MRI scan of a male, about 18 years of age.  It has undergone many smoothing steps and various other modifications but still retains the same basic shape.

We have since made a few other torso models and have a model building pipeline that allows us to go from images to mesh, definitely with some work in between!

C.R. Johnson, R.S. MacLeod, and P.R. Ershler. A computer model for the study of electrical current flow in the human thorax. Comp. in Bio. and Med., 22:305–323, 1992.

 R.S. MacLeod, C.R. Johnson, and M.A. Matheson. Visualizing bioelectric fields. IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, 14(3): 10–12, 1993.

Almost prehistoric (-:

Best,
Rob