Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] Complex numbers

  • From: jess <jess@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: Milad Rahimi <miladrahimipo@gmail.com>
  • Cc: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] Complex numbers
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 17:36:16 -0700

Hi Milad,

The complex number support is relatively new functionality, so thank you for
testing it out. Since it is new, it is currently only supported in a limited
number of modules, and it appears you’ve found a gap in the workflow that we
need to fill. I’ve created a github issue for some more modules to support
complex numbers (https://github.com/SCIInstitute/SCIRun/issues/2041), which
you can track to see when it may be implemented.

There is a work around that you could do. You could split the FE matrix and
apply the real and complex parts of the voltage sources to it separately and
combine them again to a single complex matrix for the solver. If you try
this, let me know how it goes.

cheers,
Jess