Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] info about cTBS

  • From: jess <jess@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: Mariacarla Memeo <Mariacarla.Memeo@iit.it>
  • Cc: "scirun-users@sci.utah.edu" <scirun-users@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] info about cTBS
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 13:47:35 -0600

Hi Mariacarla,

We can do TMS modeling in SCIRun, but I’m not sure if we could replicate the exact protocols you mention because it would depend on what kind of modeling you would want.  A typical model is quasistatic, which means that there are no frequency dependent effects.  this approach is the easiest to implement and could still provide a potential field through the brain over time.  The tissue dependent frequency response could also be included in the model using the complex matrix datatype in SCIRun.  This functionality is relatively new, but it will allow you to set up frequency dependent tissue parameters and solve the potential field from multiple frequencies.  Have a look at the brain stimulator toolkit for some examples.

cheers,
Jess