[Seg3D] saving the seeds (spline control points)

  • From: Ramón Casero Cañas <ramon.casero@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
  • To: seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [Seg3D] saving the seeds (spline control points)
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 02:07:52 +0000

Hi all,

The new Spline Tool I've been working on with your help over the last 5 weeks seems to pretty much do what it should (other than a couple of glitches).

Now the only thing I'm missing is how to save the coordinates of the spline control points to a file (possibly text?) in an elegant way, so that it's well integrated with the application. I'd really appreciate suggestions, thanks! :)

An overview of features in the tool (feedback welcome too):

* One can add control points (seeds) sequentially or let the tool order them using the azimuth value.

* The control points (seeds) can be linked with straight lines or using a periodic interpolating cubic spline, with a centripetal scheme knot vector (same spline as Matlab's CSCVN function).

* The spline can be transferred to a label mask. This gives the physiologist visual feedback of the intersection points of the spline with each plane

* One can select a radius value, and when the spline is being transferred to the mask, then it's also dilated (it uses the ITKBinaryDilateErodeImageFilterTool). This is slower, but it makes the segmentation more visible.

The latest patch (20091027-014200-spline-contour-segmentation-no-gaps-dilate.diff) can be downloaded from here

http://paracommunications.org/wiki/index.php/Adding_a_new_filter_to_Seg3D#Milestones

Best regards,

Ramon.

--
Ramón Casero Cañas, DPhil

Computational Biology, Computing Laboratory
University of Oxford
Wolfson Building, Parks Rd
Oxford OX1 3QD

tlf     +44 (0) 1865 610807