[Seg3D] Re: Re: Qt library dependency removed from Spline Tool

  • From: Ramón Casero Cañas <ramon.casero@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
  • To: "seg3d@sci.utah.edu" <seg3d@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: [Seg3D] Re: Re: Qt library dependency removed from Spline Tool
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 19:01:01 +0000

Kristen Zygmunt wrote:
Hi Ramon,
I think it's looking good so far. Ayla is working on addressing the VISPACK / LAPACK issue. I downloaded the source and tried to compile it on my Mac (OS X 10.5, gcc 4.0.1) and saw errors similar to the following:

SCIRun/src/Externals/qwtlight/src/qwt_spline.cpp: In member function ‘bool QwtSpline::buildNaturalSpline(const std::vector<QwtDoublePoint, std::allocator<QwtDoublePoint> >&)’:
SCIRun/src/Externals/qwtlight/src/qwt_spline.cpp:232: error: ‘const class std::vector<QwtDoublePoint, std::allocator<QwtDoublePoint> >’ has no member named ‘data’
SCIRun/src/Externals/qwtlight/src/qwt_spline.cpp:235: error: ‘class std::vector<double, std::allocator<double> >’ has no member named ‘data’
SCIRun/src/Externals/qwtlight/src/qwt_spline.cpp:236: error: ‘class std::vector<double, std::allocator<double> >’ has no member named ‘data’

I am a little surprised that it's compiling for you and am wondering if maybe there is still a file that needs to be checked in. Otherwise it could be related to compiler version or something. Also, I haven't seen the VISPACK/LAPACK compile errors yet, but they may happen after I get past the errors above.

Hi Kris,

Thanks a lot for checking.

I don't understand, I checked out a fresh copy from the repository, and everything compiled fine at the first try on my system. But you are right, it should not be compiling.

QwtArray is now a std::vector instead of the Qt array, so I don't know how qwt_spline.cpp is compiling successfully, if there's no longer a data() method (the error you get). I'm looking into it.

The LAPACK issue will not give you a compilation error, but the application will crash once you load a volume, click the Spline Tool, select "InAzimuth" and "Cubic", and click the 4th control point (because then it will try to use function svd(), that depends on LAPACK code).

Cheers,

Ramon.

--
Dr. Ramón Casero Cañas

Computational Biology, Computing Laboratory
University of Oxford
Wolfson Building, Parks Rd
Oxford OX1 3QD

tlf     +44 (0) 1865 610807