[Seg3D] Improving image export in Seg3D2

  • From: Sidnei Paciornik <sidnei@puc-rio.br>
  • To: seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [Seg3D] Improving image export in Seg3D2
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 16:02:29 -0300

Hi All,

I have been using the image export option of masks in Seg3D2. I have specifically exported in TIFF and BMP formats to used the slices in ppt presentations, for instance.

Now there is a bug (or is it a feature?) that makes the exported masks have a pixel intensity range [0-1] and not [0-255]. Then all exported slices look dark until we process to expand contrast in some other software.

Is there a way to select export in [0-255] range? I did not find any preference to control this.

Could we have this option in a future release?

Thank you!

Prof. Sidnei Paciornik
Grupo de Análise de Imagens e Microscopia Digital
DEMa - Departamento de Engenharia de Materiais
PUC-Rio
Rua Marquês de São Vicente 225
Prédio Leme, Sala 501L
Gávea - Rio de Janeiro - RJ