[Seg3D] Re: Re: Re: Re: Seg3D2 error at exit in linux

  • From: Ramón Casero Cañas <rcasero@gmail.com>
  • To: seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [Seg3D] Re: Re: Re: Re: Seg3D2 error at exit in linux
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 11:10:08 +0100

On 16 August 2012 00:50, Ayla Khan <ayla@sci.utah.edu> wrote:
Hi Ramon,

We build Seg3D2 with Qt 4.7, and are currently recommending 4.7.4 - we have information up on the wiki: http://scirundocwiki.sci.utah.edu/SCIRunDocs/index.php/CIBC:Seg3D2:Linux_Builds#Possible_Qt_issues_on_Ubuntu.
Also, there are some issues with Qt 4.8 and GLEW in Seg3D that we are looking into.

Give Qt 4.7 a try and see if Seg3D is still crashing on your system.

Trying to export large-ish segmentations makes Seg3D2 crash (538x548x1851), which is incredibly annoying when you have been doing a hand segmentation for a while, so I'm going to give Qt 4.7 a try.

(I'm on ubuntu 12.04, with Qt 4.8.1)

This happens both when I try to export from the File menu or with the right-click menu on the layer.
 I have downloaded the code and I'm building it, but how can I install it somewhere Seg3D2 will find it at compilation time, but won't interfere with the rest of the system?

The wiki doesn't provide details

http://scirundocwiki.sci.utah.edu/SCIRunDocs/index.php/CIBC:Seg3D2:Linux_Builds#Possible_Qt_issues_on_Ubuntu

Cheers,

Ramon.