[Seg3D] Interpreting the result of the Point Set Registration

  • From: Sergio Vera <sergio.vera@alma3d.com>
  • To: seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [Seg3D] Interpreting the result of the Point Set Registration
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 13:24:00 +0100

Dear Seg3D2 staff

I have a binary mask loaded in Seg3D2. With the Transform operator, I generate a copy of that same image but I change its origin to be +8 units in the X axis.

So I have a mask and the same mask but displaced in the X axis.

If I apply the Point set registration algorithm to these masks, after 30 iterations I obtain a new mask that is close to the target mask, but the translation parameters that appear on the ITK interface are very confusing.

I would expect to obtain a translation in X close to 8 (or -8) and Y and Z translation to be near 0.
Instead I obtain translations on X, Y and Z between 0.5 and 0.9. However, the newly generated mask is really close to the target mask.

Is there a problem with the transformation values? I'm interpreting the results wrongly?

Many thanks

--
Sergio Vera

 Alma IT Systems