Re: [Seg3D] Layer management, sublayering, and multiple exports

  • From: Paul Holcomb <paul.holcomb@gmail.com>
  • To: seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Seg3D] Layer management, sublayering, and multiple exports
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 09:27:44 -0500

Ayla,

Extremely helpful!  Thank you!

I just trained 6 new students to use Seg3D yesterday.  We're well on our way to having a Seg3D segmentation team here at West Virginia University!

Paul

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 2:37 AM, Ayla Khan <ayla@sci.utah.edu> wrote:
Hi Paul,

I'm glad to hear Seg3D has been useful for your work.

Both of these are very good ideas, and it would be interesting to try out different layout options in the layer manager view. We don't have batch export through the user interface, but should be not too difficult to add. I've created feature requests for both these items.

If you're willing to try the Python interpreter embedded in Seg3D, you could try to batch export your segmentations that way. The command is exportsegmentation, and an example of how to call it to export a segmentation in a mask layer as a Nrrd file is:

  exportsegmentation(layers='layer_25',  file_path='/Volumes/scratch/misc_data', extension='.nrrd', exporter='')

Or the exporter type can be explicitly given:

  exportsegmentation(layers='layer_25', file_path='/Volumes/scratch/misc_data', extension='.nrrd', exporter='[NRRD Exporter]')

The layers parameter requires a layer id ('layer_25' in this case). Layer ids and other useful variables can be found in the Controller Window under the State Variables tab. Please let me know if you'd like more information about using the Python interface to automate Seg3D tasks, and thanks for the feature suggestions.

Ayla