[Seg3D] Layer management, sublayering, and multiple exports

  • From: Paul Holcomb <paul.holcomb@gmail.com>
  • To: seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [Seg3D] Layer management, sublayering, and multiple exports
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 11:16:44 -0500

Hello Seg3D team!  This is Paul Holcomb, West Virginia University graduate student and alumnus from the 2014 IBBM course.  I have been busy converting all of my fellow segmenters and modelers over to Seg3D, and it's been a great asset to us in segmenting and analyzing our EM data.

In our data sets, we tend to deal with multiple masks for a single object -- for example: the nucleus, cell body, and organelles of a single cell.  In the future, it would be handy to have sublayering options in the layer manager so that we can better organize these layers under a single "master" header for each cell.

Also, I find myself needing to export multiple segmentations at one time.  Is there a method for batch export that I'm missing, or is this something that could be addressed in future releases?

Thanks for your time!

Best wishes,

Paul Holcomb

--
"Hope is a state of mind, not of the world. Hope, in this deep and powerful sense, is not the same as joy that things are going well, or willingness to invest in enterprises that are obviously heading for success, but rather an ability to work for something because it is good." ~Vaclav Havel