[Seg3D] Mask contents deleted when resampling

  • From: Paul Holcomb <paul.holcomb@gmail.com>
  • To: "seg3d@sci.utah.edu" <seg3d@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: [Seg3D] Mask contents deleted when resampling
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 11:44:44 -0400

Dear Seg3D team,

I've run into a recurring odd bug when working with my data.  I have two datasets, a smaller electron microscopy set (188x276x500) that I cropped from a larger set (1442x1344x1852).  I've segmented an object in the smaller set and want to resample it to the larger set to combine it with the full segmentation.  Regardless of whether I use the drag and drop method or the Resample tool, the contents of the mask are completely deleted upon resampling.  Seg3D creates a mask in the larger sample set that is named correctly, but contains nothing.  The resample also finishes very quickly, I'm assuming because no data is being transferred.  Strangely, if I use the Transform tool to move my mask at least 0.1 pixels in X and Y before I resample it, the resample works.  This has been the case for every mask I've attempted to resample, which is about 20. I'd be interested in any thoughts you have on this.

Thanks,

Paul Holcomb

--
"Hope is a state of mind, not of the world. Hope, in this deep and powerful sense, is not the same as joy that things are going well, or willingness to invest in enterprises that are obviously heading for success, but rather an ability to work for something because it is good." ~Vaclav Havel