[Seg3D] Fwd: Poisson noise and 'black' background removal

  • From: Ayla Khan <ayla@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: "seg3d@sci.utah.edu" <seg3d@sci.utah.edu>
  • Cc: mike.meyer.geo@gmail.com
  • Subject: [Seg3D] Fwd: Poisson noise and 'black' background removal
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 10:36:46 -0600

A couple of Seg3D usage questions. To answer the first, you can change the background color in Preferences under the View tab.

Ayla

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mike Meyer <mike.meyer.geo@gmail.com>
Subject: Poisson noise and 'black' background removal
Date: June 22, 2016 9:44:12 AM MDT
To: Ayla Khan <ayla@sci.utah.edu>

Hi Ayla,

I was wondering if you could send this out to the list.

HI All,

I have 2 issues, one of which is likely a 'newbie' one:

Problem 1) Removing black background from volume viewer/seeing true 3D data in volume viewer.

In the attached image 1a you can see the volume view of my data (it is a layered rock) but it is sill showing the black background and the 3-axis. I would like to remove that black background, see this in 3D with the coloring (of the rock layers visible), not just a single color mask.

Problem 2) Poisson Noise removal

Is there a way to lessen this type of noise in Seg3D? you can see in image 2a a look at the axial plane and the cross-hatched artifacts. I know that I won't be able to remove these entirely, but if I could lessen them I could get to some nice data on the interior of the rock.

Please let me know if you have any tips!

Cheers,

Mike

--
----