Re: [Seg3D] Seg3d

  • From: Paul Holcomb <paul.holcomb@gmail.com>
  • To: Jess Tate <jess@sci.utah.edu>, Matthew Muntean <matthew@muntean.com>
  • Cc: Gregory Jones <greg@sci.utah.edu>, Elizaveta.Chabanova@regionh.dk, Corinne Garcia <cgarcia@sci.utah.edu>, SCI Webmaster <webmaster@sci.utah.edu>, seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Seg3D] Seg3d
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 03:55:52 +0000

Matthew,

Just as testimony to what Jess suggested, we quite frequently use MeshLab in our lab to work on meshes output from Seg3D with great success. We will usually use a remeshing feature in Meshlab called quadratic edge-collapse decimation to reduce the polygon count of the meshes, and a variety of tools available in the Filters menu for cleaning and repairing meshes. Meshlab also offers a command line function which allows for easy batch processing of meshes with a predefined set of filters.

Paul Holcomb