[Seg3D] Fwd: request

  • From: Ayla Khan <ayla@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Cc: lincolnfruchi@usp.br
  • Subject: [Seg3D] Fwd: request
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 13:51:59 -0700

User question about measuring volume.

Ayla

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Re: request
Date: December 3, 2016 at 5:37:34 AM MST
To: Ayla Khan <ayla@sci.utah.edu>

"Dear author's Seg3d 2.1 tutorial PDF,

I am Ph.D. student and I am trying to measure the volume of the root canal filling material in the isthmus of mandibular molars mesial canals (the material in the space between the canals). How can I measure just the volume in the isthmus excluding the filling material inside the main canals lumen?
In the data filters I selected the neighborhood connected and put seed points in the filling material. I can measure the total volume of the canal filling, including the two canals of the mandibular mesial root and isthmus area, but I don´t know how to measure only the isthmus.
I could select the paint tool or polyline tool this area, but it is difficult and not very trustful… There is an easier way to do that?
If you could help me, I would be very glad.
Thank you"

If you could help me with it I would be very glad.
Best regards

DDS, MSc, PhD student Lincoln de Campos Fruchi
Bauru School of Dentistry, University of São Paulo.