[Seg3D] seg3d chrases with +1500 files

  • From: Yeisson Gutiérrez <gutierrez.yeisson@gmail.com>
  • To: seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [Seg3D] seg3d chrases with +1500 files
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 11:26:47 +0100

Dear Mr./Mrs

I've been trying Seg 3D for a few time and I liked so far. However, I'm working with big data sets and that has been an inconvenient. First I though that was because of the size of the files (32 bits TIFF in total 10 - 20 GB), then I compressed the slices and even so the problem continues.... after a while I discovered that was a matter of the number of files and not so much because of the size of these.
Somehow I managed to load about 1300 slices in PNG format  (a single CT scan) but when I want to a apply a filter the program crashes again.
I can tell you that is not a problem of hardware requirements, we have a workstation in my University (University of münster, Germany) with a very good graphic cards (Geforce GTX Titan X) and 512GB of RAM.

Any comment would be greatly appreciated,
Best wishes.

--
Yeisson Gutiérrez

Institut für Landschaftsökologie