Re: [Seg3D] Seg3D2 export segmentations

  • From: Pieter Vandemaele <pieter.vandemaele@ugent.be>
  • To: Timothy Brown <timothy@cis.jhu.edu>, seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Seg3D] Seg3D2 export segmentations
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 15:30:43 +0100

Analyze is deprecated and support should be removed from all current versions of neuroimaging software packages.
Most modern packages do only support Analyze for backwards compatibility but do recommend the use of NIfTI.

A google search yields this:
https://www.ibic.washington.edu/wiki/display/~bnniii/2012/10/11/DWIConvert+-+handles+dicom+to+nrrd+,+nifti+to+nrrd,+and+nrrd+to+nifti
https://mail.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pipermail/freesurfer/2006-May/002810.html
https://sourceforge.net/p/teem/mailman/message/27766556/

You should consider converting your processing pipeline to NIfTI unless you have a very good reason.

You can convert NRRD to NIfTI with Mevislab. The schematic for that is using ITK:

Then you can use Matlab to convert to Analyze:
http://nl.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/mlc-downloads/downloads/submissions/8797/versions/28/screenshot.jpgSlicer is also able to do some conversion

Keep in mind that you do 2 conversions, each with his own drawbacks. Always check the data after each conversion step to make sure that Left/Right and origin issues are resolved!