Re: [Seg3D] Interpolate for ROIs?

  • From: Jess <jess@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: hilatzipora@gmail.com
  • Cc: seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Seg3D] Interpolate for ROIs?
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 21:02:27 +0200

Hi,

That isn’t really implemented in Seg3D.

You can try using the fast binary dilate and erode filter. If you make the
radius greater than half the distance between the slices, then it should
close off the distance. This will also smooth the image and you will need to
be careful to not hit the boundaries of the volume (you can use the pad tool
to make it bigger).

Another tool that might help you is the implicit surface tool. If you place
contour points every several slices and run it, it will try to fit a radial
basis function to the points to make a smooth surface segmentation. This
tool works best to start with sparse points and fill int eh detail as needed.

cheers,
Jess