shapeworks-users

Text archives Help

Re: [shapeworks-users] Downsampling groomed volumes

  • From: Shireen Elhabian <shireen@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: Murat Maga <maga@uw.edu>
  • Cc: "shapeworks-users@sci.utah.edu" <shapeworks-users@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [shapeworks-users] Downsampling groomed volumes
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 12:04:08 -0700

Hi Murat,

Regarding the parameters you listed:

m_procrustes_interval allows shapeworks to run procrustes every specific
number of iterations, if it is set to zero. procrustes will be performed each
iteration

m_recompute_regularization_interval: this is how often the covariance matrix
regularization parameter is recomputed. This regularization parameter decays
exponentially with iterations where starting_regularization and
end_regularization parameters controls such decay along with the recompute
interval.

m_procrustes_scaling: is a flag to factor out scaling from the shape model,
if set to one, this means that procrustes part solves for rotation,
translation as well as scaling … for some datasets, scaling is actually a
shape feature to me modeled, so in such case, this flag needs to be set to
zero.

m_adaptivity_mode: this controls the spread of the particles, with 0 meaning
that particles are evenly spread over the surface of each given shape sample.

m_keep_checkpoints: a flag that will indicate if you want to save
intermediate results while performing optimization, mostly we use this for
debugging purposes.

Notes:
- the coordinates reported: lpts (particle positions in local/sample-wise
coordinates) wpts (particle positions in world coordinates after procrustes).
hence if the input shapes are already aligned, the particles in lpts and wpts
files should coincide up to precision accuracy (basically, the transformation
matrix for each sample to the procrustes mean should be very close to
identity).
- shape works reports eigen values while svd of wpts report singular values
which are the square root of the eigenvalues. for a scree plot, eigen values
is used rather than the singular ones ...

hope this helps …

best regards
Shireen