shapeworks-users

Text archives Help

Re: [shapeworks-users] Inconsistent Results from ShapeWorks Studio

  • From: Praful Agrawal <prafulag@cs.utah.edu>
  • To: evan terrell <et5ee@virginia.edu>
  • Cc: shapeworks-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [shapeworks-users] Inconsistent Results from ShapeWorks Studio
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 09:45:44 -0600

It should not but procrustes analysis code had some dependence on order of inputs at some point, I will double check if that was fixed.

Thanks,

On Aug 24, 2016, at 8:39 AM, evan terrell <et5ee@virginia.edu> wrote:

Thank you for your prompt and helpful replies!

Brig, I had restarted the application before each trial. I was planning to try the commandline tool if no other solution was found. I believe the stochastic factor was corrected in the commandline code back in February when this issue was first raised. Could the same correction be made to the Studio source code?

Murat, I have been using the default of 1000 iterations per level, but I will try with more and see if that helps.

Praful, the order of data inputs was the same for each trial, and I did have # Clusters set to 0. Out of curiosity, should the order of data input affect the results of the analysis?

Best,
Evan